SomaLogic Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice provides information about data we collect, use, and share, and our commitment to using the personal data we collect in a transparent and respectful manner.
- Privacy Notice Overview
- Why Do We Collect Information and Data?
- What Kinds of Personal Information Do We Collect?
- How Do We Collect Information?
- How Do We Use Personal Information?
- When Do We Share Personal Information?
- What Security Measures Do We Have?
- What Choices Do You Have About Your Personal Information?
- Data Retention
- Children’s Privacy
- Data Transfers
- Links to Other Websites
- Contact Us
Privacy Notice Overview
We at SomaLogic, Inc. and our affiliates (“SomaLogic”, “we”, “us”) care deeply about privacy, security, and online safety. This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) is designed to inform you about how we collect, use, and share your personal information.
This Notice applies to personal information we obtain from individuals through our website (our “Site”), products, and services (collectively, the “Services”).
As SomaLogic grows, our business changes, and we may update this Notice at any time as we deem appropriate to reflect those changes. Where the changes are material, we will post them here in advance and, if the changes are likely to affect you personally, we will also attempt to contact you directly (such as via email if we have your email address). It is important that you check back from time to time and make sure that you have reviewed the most current version of this Notice.
Why Do We Collect Information and Data?
We rely on a wide variety of information to run our business. In some instances, this information may include data that could be used to identify a particular individual, otherwise referred to as Personal Information. In this Notice, we will provide multiple examples of how Personal Information we collect may be used and why it is important. Some of the reasons that we collect Personal Information include to:
- Provide our products and services, and improve them over time;
- Allow you to download information;
- Personalize and manage our relationship with you, including introducing you to products or services that may be of interest to you;
- Investigate, respond to, and manage inquiries;
- Work with and respond to law enforcement and regulators.
What Kinds of Personal Information Do We Collect?
The following are examples of the types of Personal Information that may be collected. The specific kind of information collected will depend on the Services used:
- Contact information (such as name, email address, mailing address, job title, and phone number);
- SomaLogic purchase or product/service use history;
- Your location
In addition to the above, we may also collect other information related to user interactions with or use of our Services (“Usage Data”). Much of this Usage Data, for example, clickstream data and aggregate usage statistics, is generally not personally identifying. On the other hand, some of this Usage Data either alone or when combined or linked with your Personal Information, may allow your identity to be discovered. In such cases, we treat the combined data as Personal Information.
The following are examples of the types of Usage Data that may be collected by SomaLogic from your web browser or related to your interactions with our products and services:
- Details about your computers, devices, applications, and networks (including IP address, browser characteristics, device ID, operating system, and language preferences);
- Activities on our websites and usage patterns of products and services (including referring URLs, dates and times of website visits, and clickstream data);
- Data about files and communications, such as potential malware or spam (which may include computer files, emails and attachments, email addresses, metadata, and traffic data, or portions or hashes—a hash file is a file that has been converted into a numerical string by a mathematical algorithm—of any of this information).
How Do We Collect Information?
We collect information directly from you, as well as automatically through your use of our Services and, in some cases, from third parties.
Information That You Give Us: Typically, the information we collect directly from you are your contact details. You decide how much information to share with us in most cases, but not sharing required information may limit your ability to fully engage with us.
Information Collected Automatically: When you use or interact with our Site, we receive and store information generated by your activity, like Usage Data, and other information automatically collected from your browser or mobile device. This information may include your IP address; browser type and version; preferred language; geographic location using IP address or the GPS, wireless, or Bluetooth technology on your device; operating system and computer platform; the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our Site, including date and time; and areas of our Site that you visited. We also may log the length of time of your visit and the number of times you visit. We may assign you one or more unique identifiers to help keep track of your future visits.
In most cases, this information is generated by various tracking technologies. Tracking technologies may include “cookies,” “flash LSOs,” “web beacons” or “web bugs,” and “clear GIFs”.
Information from Other Sources: If we receive any information about you from other sources, we may add it to the information we already have about you.
When Do We Share Personal Information?
We respect the importance of privacy. Other than as provided in this Notice, we do not sell your Personal Information, nor do we share it with unaffiliated third parties for their own marketing use, unless we have your consent or we are required by law to do so. Generally, we may disclose the information we collect, including Personal Information, in order to facilitate our communications with customers, to operate our business, to advertise or promote our Services, or with your consent.We may share Personal Information in the following ways:
- Authorized third parties who perform services for us (including cloud services, data storage, sales, and marketing). Our contracts with our service providers include commitments that they agree to limit their use of Personal Information and to comply with privacy and security standards at least as stringent as the terms of this Notice. Remember that if you provide Personal Information directly to a third party, such as through a link on SomaLogic’s website, the processing is typically based on their standards;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent physical, financial, or other harm, injury, or loss;
- To legal, governmental, or judicial authorities, as instructed or required by those authorities or applicable laws, or in relation to a legal activity, such as in response to a subpoena or investigating suspected illicit activity.
Your California Privacy Rights – Shine the Light Law
SomaLogic does not share your Personal Information with non-affiliated third parties for their own marketing use without your permission.
What Security Measures Do We Have?
We use various safeguards (administrative, organizational, technical, and physical) to protect the Personal Information we collect and process. Our security controls are designed to maintain an appropriate level of data confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
What Choices Do You Have About Your Personal Information?
We offer certain choices about how we communicate with our users and what Personal Information we obtain about them. You may choose not to receive marketing communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link, or contacting us as specified in the “Contact Us” section below.
The time periods for which we retain your Personal Information depend on the purposes for which we use it. SomaLogic will keep your Personal Information for as long as you are a registered subscriber or user of our products or for as long as we have another business purpose to do so and, thereafter, for no longer than is required or permitted by law, or SomaLogic’s Records Retention Policy. The information we collect may be stored and processed in servers in the United States and wherever SomaLogic and our service providers have facilities.
SomaLogic does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 without first obtaining parental consent in accordance with applicable laws. If you believe we have collected information from your child in error or have questions or concerns about our practices relating to children, please notify us using the Contact Us details below.
SomaLogic is headquartered in the United States, and we have operations, entities, and service providers both in the United States and throughout the world. As such, we and our service providers may transfer your personal information to, or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it. If you are located in the European Economic Area or Switzerland, we provide adequate protection for the transfer of Personal Information to countries outside of the EEA through the use of authorized Standard Contractual Clauses.
Links to Other Websites
Our Site may contain links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may be operated by companies not affiliated with SomaLogic. Linked websites may have their own privacy policies or notices, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit those websites. We are not responsible for the content, privacy practices, or use of any websites that are not affiliated with SomaLogic.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this Notice, or would like to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us by email at privacy@SomaLogic.com or by one of the following additional methods:
In the United States by calling us at 303-625-9000, Toll-Free 877-990-2626, or by writing to us at:
2945 Wilderness Place
Boulder, Colorado 80301
ATTN: Data Privacy Officer