***Last Modified on November 9, 2018***
- What are Cookies?
- Types of Cookies Used by SomaLogic
- Withdraw Your Consent at Any Time
- How to Manage and Delete Your Cookies
- Web Beacons and Analytics Services
- Targeting Cookies
- Updates to This Policy
- Contact Us
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are downloaded to your browser when you visit a Site. Most web pages contain elements from multiple web domains so when you visit our Site, your browser may receive cookies from several sources. This includes third parties that we have hired to provide services on our behalf, such as site analytics or ad targeting.
Types of Cookies Used by SomaLogic
We use different types of cookies to run our Site. Some or all of the cookies identified below may be stored in your browser.
Strictly Necessary cookies are necessary for the operation of our Site. These cookies are essential in helping you to move around our Site and use the features, such as accessing secure areas of the Site or using the shopping basket.
We may use Strictly Necessary cookies to:
- Remember goods and services you selected when you get to the payment page
- Identify you as being logged into the Site
- Provide access to protected areas of the Site
- Remember previously entered text so it is not lost if the page refreshes
Performance cookies simply help us improve the way our Site works. We utilize these cookies to analyze how our visitors use our Site and to monitor our Site performance. They tell us how people use each page, which ones are most commonly viewed, or whether any errors occurred. This allows us to provide a high-quality experience and quickly identify then fix any issues that arise.
We may use Performance cookies to:
- Store preferences to see which method of linking between pages is most effective
- Enable web analytics to provide anonymous statistics on how our Site is used
- To assist with error management in helping us improve the Site by measuring any errors that occur
- Monitor ad response rates and see how effective our ads are
You can delete or manage Performance cookies as instructed in the “How to Manage and Delete Your Cookies” section of this Policy.
We use Functionality cookies to allow us to remember your preferences.
We may use Functionality cookies to:
- Remember settings you have applied such as layout, colors, font sizes and page backgrounds
- Remember if we have already asked you if you want to fill in a survey
- Detect if you have already seen a pop-up so it doesn’t get shown to you again
- Process a request from a user to submit a comment or blog or forum post
You can delete or manage Performance cookies as instructed in the “How to Manage and Delete Your Cookies” section of this Policy. If you delete Functionality cookies, preferences or settings you selected will not be retained for later visits.
Targeting cookies help us make sure that the ads you see on our Site are relevant to you and your interests. Targeting cookies may also be placed on your device by our third-party service providers that remember you have visited the Site in order to provide you with ads more relevant to you.
- We may use Targeting cookies to:
- Collect information about browser habits to target advertising
- Collect information about browser habits to target Site content
- Provide links to social networks
- Provide advertising agencies with information on your visit so that they can present you with advertisements you may be interested in
Many of the cookies placed through our Site are session cookies, while others are persistent cookies, and some are “first-party” cookies, while others are “third-party” cookies.
- First-party cookies are those set by a Site that is being visited by the user at the time (e.g., cookies placed by SomaLogic).
- Third-party cookies are cookies that are set by a domain other than that of the Site being visited by the user. If a user visits a Site and another entity sets a cookie through that Site, this would be a third-party cookie.
- Persistent cookies are cookies that remain on a user’s device for the period of time specified in the cookie. They are activated each time that the user visits the Site that created that particular cookie.
- Session cookies are cookies that allow Site operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Session cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
Withdraw Your Consent at Any Time
If you do not wish to accept cookies in connection with your use of our Site, you will need to delete, and block or disable cookies via your browser settings; see below for more information on how to do this. Please note that disabling cookies will likely affect the functionality of our Site.
How to Manage and Delete Your Cookies
Depending on your browser, further information may be obtained via the following links:
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Web Beacons and Analytics Services
Our Site may contain electronic images known as web beacons (or single-pixel gifs) that we use to help deliver cookies on our Site, count users who have visited the Site, and deliver content and advertising. We also include web beacons in our promotional email messages and newsletters to determine whether you open and act on them.
In addition to placing web beacons on our Site, we sometimes work with other companies to place our web beacons on their Sites or in their advertisements. This helps us develop statistics on how often clicking on an advertisement results in a purchase or other action.
For cookies that track activity in connection with targeted advertising, you can opt-out:
- EU Users: A guide for EU users on behavioral advertising and online privacy has been produced by the internet advertising industry which can be found at: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/
Updates to This Policy
We may update this Policy from time to time. We will post the most current version of this Policy with its effective date on our Site. Your continued use of the Site means you consent to the terms of this Policy.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Policy, please feel free to contact us using our web form or directly at:
2945 Wilderness Pl.
Boulder, CO 80301