As of September 2018, SomaLogic owns or controls over 416 domestic and foreign issued patents, and over 228 domestic and foreign pending patent applications.
The company’s comprehensive IP estate protects multiple innovative platforms and technologies. Our IP estate is built around three key platform technologies: Chemistry, Detection and SELEX, and two technology application areas: Diagnostics and Therapeutics.
Details regarding each technology area as it relates to the SomaLogic patent estate are provided below:
Questions about our IP portfolio?
- Library of base modified nucleotides that improve target binding properties (affinity and specificity) and nuclease stability
- Methods for synthesizing the base modified nucleotides
- Applications of the base modified nucleotides (e.g., SOMAmer and incorporation into an oligonucleotide)
- Methods for determining the likelihood that an individual has a particular disease or condition
- Methods for predicting the risk that an individual will have a certain disease or condition
- Diagnostic and predictive biomarker panels for a particular disease or condition
- Methods for detecting and quantifying a single target or multiple targets in a biological sample with a nucleic acid aptamer (SOMAscan)
- Multiple aptamer-based assay formats including a single and multiplex aptamer assay, an aptamer sandwich assay, a “beacon” aptamer assay and a biochip based aptamer assay
- Methods for identifying or developing a nucleic acid aptamer including using a “slow off-rate enrichment” process and oligonucleotides having base modified nucleotides
- Specific nucleic acid aptamer sequence motifs (“sequence families”)
- Methods for treating a condition or disease with a nucleic acid aptamer