Predict patient health risk and measure responses to treatment over time with insights from SomaSignal® tests.
Health risks are not just written in people’s DNA. They’re detected in each person’s unique protein “fingerprint.”
Through SomaSignal tests, providers receive a real-time snapshot of disease risk and determine whether a person is headed for a severe health event. Utilizing our next-generation testing, providers can leverage a single blood sample to scan for a multitude of biomarkers that indicate future risk, improving outcomes and saving costs.
More than 800,000 people in the U.S. die from cardiovascular disease (CVD) each year — that’s 1 in every 3 deaths – and about 160,000 of them occur in people under age 65.1
of type 2 diabetic patients are taking guideline recommended cardioprotective medicines, regardless of their cardiovascular disease risk.2
of T2D patients are at high risk of CVD3
of type 2 diabetic (T2D) patients will die from some sort of heart disease or stroke – that’s 2x more likely as someone who doesn’t have the condition4
2. Optum-United Health Group. Commercial and Medicare Advantage analysis of cardioprotective medication use in type 2 diabetic patients. Unpublished data analysis. August 2022.
3. SomaLogic. Meta-cohort analysis of patients with type 2 diabetes. Data on file. August 2022.
4. American Heart Association and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) https://www.cdc.gov/diabetes/library/features/diabetes-and-heart.html
Cardiovascular disease remains the number one cause of death, yet mechanisms to screen patients, risk stratify, and personalize treatment decisions are ineffective.
Physicians currently have limited tools to accurately predict and prevent events for patients with known elevated risk factors.
Existing tools often rely on age, sex and race, which result in poor risk-stratification and can often under-represent risk in communities of color.
Physicians are limited in their ability to assess how risk changes over time in response to treatment since existing risk scores do not show improvements.
Provide a comprehensive evaluation of an individual’s health status with SomaSignal tests
Detect the earliest signs that a person may be headed for a severe health event – impacting both cost and care.
- Drive – and potentially alter – treatment decisions that may be most effective for a particular individual.
- Better support preventative care. Move care models to preventative treatment so high-risk patients are managed throughout their care journey.
- Appropriately extend care services. Eliminate complexity and gaps in care, unnecessary hospitalizations, and readmissions.
- Deliver personalized care by effectively tailoring and coordinating care. Ensure that all care is necessary, efficient, and will move the patient toward the best health outcomes.
Monitor how changes in lifestyle, behavior and adherence to therapies can change the course of disease.
- Give your patients access to all-in-one tests that scan for more than 21 different conditions and diseases.
- Understand whether existing treatments are adequately reducing risk or if adaptations are needed.
- Assess how a patient’s risk changes over time and overcome the limitations of the ASCVD risk calculator, polygenic risk scores, and calcium scoring methods.
- Understand which therapies are having an impact on your patient’s health status, while improving adherence and behavioral and lifestyle changes.
7,000+ protein measurements
>1B protein measurements to date and growing
10-log dynamic range
>300 supporting, peer-reviewed publications and >700 patents
16 clinically validated SomaSignal tests
SomaSignal tests in the news
The GuardianNew blood test predicts risk of heart attack and stroke with twice previous accuracy
SomaLogic on YouTubeProteomics and Development of Blood Tests for Cardiac Disease
The Healthcare Technology ReportThe Top 25 Biotech CEOs of 2022
Learn how to become a SomaSignal test provider
SomaLogic is leveraging the power of the human proteome to uncover previously elusive insights across dozens of disease states – all through one testing platform – giving you the ability to identify the patients at the highest risk of a health event.