2023 Biostar Research Grant Award supported by SomaLogic
Get deeper insights with a research grant award with our Shanghai-based Authorized Site partner, Biostar Technology/AccuraMed.
SomaLogic, together with Shanghai-based Biostar Technology, is pleased to announce the Biostar Research Grant Award. This award covers the delivery of data for 40 samples from a SomaScan® Assay analysis of human serum or plasma.
We are encouraging researchers to submit a brief outline of their inventive plans to use the SomaScan Assay in their research. The goal of this program is to assist researchers in China to generate pilot data, which can be used to support their future grant applications, and to promote use of the SomaScan Assay as an essential tool for generating high-quality proteomic data. Applicants’ proposals will be reviewed within 8 weeks of the submission deadline (30 November 2023).
Applicants should write a title of the study and a short proposal of 500 words or less, outlining a pilot research project which uses the SomaScan Assay.
Biostar/AccuraMed staff will review and select the winning applicant based on the following criteria:
- The overall application completeness
- Did the applicant have an original proposal with clear goals and outcomes
- Provide a clear approach and design which matches the goals and outcomes
- How the protein data and analysis are intended to be used
- What are the next steps the researcher intends to take with this additional knowledge
- How does SomaScan data increase insight into health and disease for their given focus area
Four (4) winners will be selected and awarded forty (40) samples to be processed on the SomaScan Assay at Biostar in China, together with upstream and downstream support from SomaLogic (including discussions with technical support to validate sample type and discuss limitations and with the project management team to discuss sample prep/shipping and downstream bioinformatic support).
If applicants have any questions about sample submission requirements, they should email Biostar/AccuraMed at [email protected].
Grant will be announced and advertised via Biostar email database to eligible customers in China.
|24 September 2023|
|24 September 2023|
|Submission close||30 November 2023 – late submissions not accepted|
|31 January 2024|
Samples submitted for processing
|31 March 2024 – late submissions not accepted|
Data from SomaScan Assay delivered
|31 May 2024|
- The grant program terms and conditions apply and are available here.
- The grant is only open to researchers who are based in China and based at an institution or group where they perform the research.
- Research teams who already use the SomaScan Assay are not eligible to apply.
- All submissions must be in English only and comply with the criteria outlined in the Handling and Processing Guide (available in Mandarin and English).
- The samples processed on the SomaScan Assay need to be available and on hand and meet certain criteria (Handling and Processing Guide, available in Mandarin and English).
- Pilot studies which are creative, bring new insight to health and disease, and have potential to lead to longer term studies are highly considered.
- For questions on your eligibility or study you have proposed, please email Biostar at [email protected]
- Only one application per person is allowed.
Research grant conditions
- The four (4) successful applicants will receive SomaScan data for each of their 40 samples and discussions with technical support to validate sample type and discuss limitations and with the project management team to discuss sample prep/shipping and downstream bioinformatic support. Applicants will own the SomaScan Assay data generated under this grant program.
- Samples will be run on the SomaScan Assay by Biostar/AccuraMed, an authorized SomaLogic site based in China.
- Application submission deadline is 30 November 2023. Any submissions made after this date will not be accepted.
- Successful applicants consent to their name and organization being used for promotional purposes under this grant program.
- The winner will be announced on 31 January 2024, by email, social media (WeChat, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) and be encouraged to present their research in SomaLogic marketing activities.
- For questions about your eligibility or to ask questions about the study you have proposed, please email Biostar at [email protected]
- The grant is for research purposes only and not to be used for commercial or clinical purposes.
- The applications will be reviewed by a committee and a winner decided by same.
- The decision is final on study feasibility.
- All entrants agree to be contacted by SomaLogic and Biostar for marketing purposes.
- Special grant terms and conditions apply.
- The grant winners will provide 40 samples to be run on the SomaScan Assay with the output product being data showing signals for 7000 protein targets.
- Samples must be human plasma or serum. Other sample types may be considered after consultation.
- Samples must be ready (available and on hand) when applicants submit their application.
- Samples submitted must be 130 µl volume and prepared according to the SomaLogic Handling and Processing Guide (available in Mandarin and English). Recording, delivery and labelling will be discussed with the winners.
- Sample submissions, including any associated documentation, cannot include any personal or health information on human subjects. Awardees agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations with their grant submission and, if awarded, their sample submissions.